1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Nope, I am all over the place. I’ll read in bed, in the bath, on the couch. I also have been super distracted cooking because I was stuck on a particularly good part of a story or two.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I am a random piece of paper kind of person. I like to use the receipts from the library a lot of the time, simply because they are so thin. But to be honest, I’ll grab whatever. The only time I use bookmarks is on my eBooks if I need to come back to something.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I can easily put a book down in the middle of a chapter. Because I am usually on the go and reading while I wait, I just set it down on my phone or if it is a physical book I’ll tuck it away.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I like to have something to munch on when reading but it isn’t a requirement. Having a drink on the other hand is.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I would much rather have some music playing than TV. I find myself too distracted with TV. For music it has to be something that i’ve heard before and instrumental is even better.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Several at once. I usually have a physical book by the bed and maybe in the bathroom. There are also at least 15 books on my kindle and my app to read in case I am not in the mood for one genre or the other.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
If I need to memorize something than out loud but otherwise silently.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
No way! You can miss so much information that way. Sometimes when it is an especially long book, I will skip a bit to the dialogue but then I’ll feel guilty and go back.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Break those bad boys open. To be honest, most of my books are either library books, second hand, or ebooks. There are not a lot of intact spines that make it to my home. I also think books are made to be read and an unbroken spine makes me think that no one liked this book enough to read it. More honest here. I do understand having one copy for reading and one for displaying.